Tens of millions of pounds of UK aid money have been spent on a programme that has forcibly sterilised Indian women and men, the Observer has learned. Many have died as a result of botched operations, while others have been left bleeding and in agony. A number of pregnant women selected for sterilisation suffered miscarriages and lost their babies.
When will we learn that people without as much money as we have are deserving of the same amount of respect and autonomy? If we’re going to make decisions for other people to solve our planet’s problems, we’d do more good taking away wealthy Westerners’ money so they have to consume less.
5 Notes/ Hide
- outsidetheark reblogged this from ideoclast and added:
- ideoclast reblogged this from deus--ex-machina and added:
- onecrakinlesbian likes this
- edgysatsuma reblogged this from deus--ex-machina
- hatethesinlovesinner likes this
- deus--ex-machina posted this